MicroLogix1000 Outputs not working But has indication

So I screwed all my outputs because I didn't ground it?
And I connect it to earth ground, isn't Floating ground higher than earth ground.

The outputs will not function if you put the logic in a routine other than the main routine and you are not calling that routine.

Wha? Sorry for my newbiness, I'm used to the free version of rslogix.
So your saying call a new subroutine and put my outputs in there?

But my output is indicated on?

Last edited:
If you have an output that is always ON, then the relay contacts have welded closed. The otehr outputs that won't come on, I suggest are relay contacts that are burnt out.

My suspicion is that this unit has been powering devices without proper suppression on its outputs.

Even if it is under warranty, I doubt it will be exchanged, the relay contacts appear to have been "abused" out of specification.

You can most definitely hear the relays clicking on these units. When I had one, I was going to replace the relays with solid-state ones, so took it apart to see how difficult a job it would be. Someone with de-soldering and soldering skills (TV repair shop?) should be able to replace the relays no trouble.

Your rung is just fine running in 'Main' (ladder 2). As noted, if it had been in a ladder other than 2 there would have to be a JSR to that ladder to have it execute. But, as shown in your picture, your program is fine. I'm going with a bad output.

I don't think you screwed your outputs, it is just always best practice to have it grounded, in case of unexpected shorts. Looking at your logic, it looks you wrote the code in the Main routine which is Ladder 2, so that part is fine.

Try disabling the routine and Forcing the outputs from the output data files and see if you get the correct voltage

If I had company funds I'd for sure pick up a new one, just trying to save a little on this powder coating oven I'm building.
I wonder if I can get my money back, they did advertise as working.

Since you said the outputs (O:0/0 and O:0/7) open when you power down the plc, they can't be stuck.

Do you hear a click of a relay when you power up the plc?

There appear to be multiple program files in your project;

Do a search on the suspect output addresses. They may be written to from elsewhere in the program?

While NOT pressing your button;

Go to the Output data table and see if there is a 1 in the output O:0/0 and O:0/7. If there is, type
a 0 and press enter. If the value returns to 1 after entering a zero, it is being written to from
elsewhere.

Temporarily disable all JSR's in the main program.

Clear the program and start a new one.