PanelViewPlus Ver3.1 & FTViewVersion6 to MicroLogix1000 communication problem

Eoghan

Hello,
Have a ML1000 communication via NET ENI module to a PanelView Plus 600 HMI running Ver3.1 firmware.

In my FTView 6 I've created and on line project file and can see the ML1000 variable.

When I try to access integer variable in HMI using 'Numeric Display Button' and following Tag config:
{::[TB1_PV_Corona1]N7:30.1}
I always retrieve 0.

My FT View 6 verifier of connect continues to talk of acd and not rss file. But I presume this is incorrect as I can read variables in Online Tag folder. (see attachment)

Any suggestions appreciated.

ML1000_PVPLUS_FTView_Ver6.jpg

{::[TB1_PV_Corona1]N7:30.1} refers to the second bit (.1) of a 16-bit integer Word.

{::[TB1_PV_Corona1]N7:30} refers to the whole integer value. That's what you want in a Numeric Indicator object.

The Offline Tag Browsing feature only works with RSLogix 5000 project files (*.ACD), and not with PLC-5 or SLC-500 project files.

That's why you can browse the data files online, or manually type in data file addresses, but you can't browse the data files offline.

If you delete the offline tag path from that field, the verifier won't complain about it.

Addressing MicroLogix1000 variable from PanelViewplus firmware version 3.1 & FTView 6

Addressing MicroLogix1000 variable from PanelViewplus firmware version 3.1 & FTView 6

Thanks Ken.
Am not at work to check on the processor now.
But was also having problems addressing the individual bits on the MicroLogix1000 via FTView.
I believe in the RS500 I was programming a certain address as b3.0/1 & it behaved as expected.
FTView was forcing me to write the syntax as {::[TB1_PV_Corona1]B:3.0.0} to address the individual bit b3.0/1, BUT I still could not toggle that bit from FTView application program.

is there a good link or documentation that outlines FTView 6 syntax to write to ML1000 variables ( when using Panelview plus as hardware ) ??

Thanks,

E

{::[TB1_PV_Corona1]N7:30.1} refers to the second bit (.1) of a 16-bit integer Word.

{::[TB1_PV_Corona1]N7:30} refers to the whole integer value. That's what you want in a Numeric Indicator object.

Hello Ken,
FYI

When I programmed the bit address as {::[CoronaTB1]B3:0/3} in FTView Ver 6 for a PanelView Plus , it was recognised in my ML1000 PLC
E