Mitsubishi PLC question.

jcallis2669

Hello, I am trying to perform an offline edit to a pre-existing program. I cannot convert the ladder after editing without performing program compare. Why does the software have to compare my edited program with the one currently downloaded onto the PLC?

Just go to the Tools/Options menu.

Change the "After conversion writing behavior" to "Don't write to PLC"

Even though your are purposely writing Off-line... this dum ware thinck it knows better!!!

So before doing an "on-line edit from your off-line edit" it checks if your un-modified program is/was the same as whats inside the PLC. Go figure:confused:

Many people don't understand the proper way to get online and offline in GX Developer.

There are actually 4 modes in GX Developer. There is an offline read and offline write, as well as online monitor and online monitor write. Both offline modes are found in the Edit menu, while both online modes are found in the Online menu.

When you switch into the Monitor (Write Mode) which is in the Online menu, it asks (and the default is yes) to change the write during run setting. If you simply stop monitor in the window or close the program, it doesn't automatically transfer back to an offline mode. So the next time you open the program, it's still assuming to be in monitor write mode.

The proper way to go back offline is to choose the Write Mode option in the Edit menu. This will prompt to change the write during run setting back to don't write to PLC.

If you forget, in Tools, under Options, is the Write During Run setting. Set it back to don't write to PLC there, and you're back offline.

This will affect the 'replace' options in the Find/Replace menu, as well as block access to the Transfer Setup screen. Can't change comm settings while online, so it won't open the screen. This is something that happens all the time the tech support guys tell me.