quick mitsubishi plc instruction question

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I apologize for not having the model of the plc. I am trying to get it.

I have a print out of the program and it seems straight fwd.

One instruction however has an encoder input.

The instruction is [SPD X000 K100 DO]
parallel branch output [MUL DO K10 D4]

And it has a normally open contact w/ address M8000

I didn't see M8000 anywhere else in the program, so I wonder if it is an interrupt or some other special instruction address.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I was about to comment wtf, that is stupid.
Then I realized that I could NOT the instruction and then it would be an Allen Bradley AFI instruction, and I loved the afi instruction.

Simply program M8000 as a NC contact will give you the AFI equivalent. I generally pick an unused memory coil, usually M3000 to use to enable or disable rungs. When the program is complete and working, do a search for that contact and remove it.

Or use M8001 (always off) instruction, the manual gives all the M8XXX and D8XXX functions and descriptions.

Steve

It calculates the "speed" of pulses on input X0

It will count pulses of X0 over the time period (in your case 100ms K100)
and moves that value into register D0

Manual

Says "SPD" is for speed detection for use with one of the inputs that can detect high speed pulses. GX Works help file say anything?

thank you thank you thank you.
This case is now closed.
Mitsubishi wouldn't help me because I don't have a support contract.
You guys Rock!

thank you thank you thank you.
This case is now closed.
Mitsubishi wouldn't help me because I don't have a support contract.
You guys Rock!

Just FYI, you only would have needed a support contract if it was after hours or on a weekend. Mitsu offers free tech support mon-fri and the support is top notch.

Dave

I second that here in the UK.

They have even come out to site at no charge to help me out.
(I'm not saying they didn't want to stretch their legs - or get out of the office)
They helped me with a servo control problem.