Routing problems in S7 project

aikona

Hi

Got problem with routing in an S7 project

project consists of varoius PLC's connected via ethernet and or profibus.The lay-out is such that I can connect to all PLC's via ethernet ( direct ) or routed via profibus.Due to a change in topology ( don't you like those smart words) I had to disconnect one PLC from one profibus segment and connect to another segment and ..... I cannot connect to any profibus anymore via routing.One the PLC that does the routing I can still use diagnostics and see the nodes on the profibus segment

Does anybody know where to find the file responsible for routing in a Siemens project and if it can be deleted or 'rebuild'

Tnx

Eric

Hi Jesper

In the project I downloaded two PLC's .The one that got changed on the profibus side and the 'master'PLC ( the one doing the routing).

Would you say that I need to download 'something' to all the other PLC's connected to both 'changed'profibus segments

What needs to be downloaded : the complete station or just the connections and gateways ?

Greetings
Eric

I think that it should be enough to download to the target PLC and the routing PLC, as you have done already.
Is the programming PC a "PC Station" ? If so, I would update that as well.

Hi

I deleted 'PG/PC' object and re-inserted it ,connected an interface and ... when I assign PG/PC I can connect to my lost PLC's but if I now copy the project onto another PG/PC it doesn't connect unless I change the interface properties.

I am relatively certain that the "PG/PC" or "PC Station" must match the target PC exactly in order for the routing to work. So if you have several PG/PC's or PC Stations, you should set them all up in NetPro.