InTouch 7.1

Jezz

Hi All,
I know InTouch 7.1 is an old version of intouch but does anyone know if it's still aviable?

Thanks

I don't want to have to upgrade our development license, plus to keep it simple I'd like it all on the same platform.

If you buy new you should get a new license too.

If your going to spend the $$ to buy you may as well buy the newer version and upgrade the old as its much better supported at the factory. They give price breaks for upgrades as they dont want to have to support umpteen versions.

Usually its not too painful as long as your not making a giant version leap like Fix32 to iFix or something.

yep but as we would only be putting in one new package and up grading the other two that means instead of just having to setup one system I would have to setup three as the other two would need to be converted so once you add that on top of the costs of the upgrade and the new package it adds a substantial amount of money for very little gain.

The conversion process is pretty straightforward, at least in my experience.

The gain is you get onto the latest, best supported version of the product.
I do alot of cost-justification for customers when they get fed up of not being able to fix or develop their Legacy systems. After all the meetings and arguments if they go ahead with it they almost always go on to upgrade more stuff once they see the benefits of not having to find a PC with an ISA slot or the old copy of Windows98.

Having just up graded both the PC's running Intouch 7.1 to windows XP its going to be tough to persuade the bosses that 7.1 is out of date .