S5 comms

stevedunk

I need to download the program out of a s5 plc Simatic PG720
S5-135U CPU 928B.
I am having the rs232 tty converter cable made.
The siemens Step 5 software looks pretty dreadful so I wonder if there is an alternative package available in english.
I have seen a couple of packages in German which looked alright but i dont speak german

Last edited:
i tried to correct my post but could not get back in duhh!
thePG720 programming device is us so i would like to use pcbased software

I remember years ago using a package from a company called Pantek (based in the UK) it was a lot cheaper than step5 and allowed you to do more programming in ladder.

Don't know where you'd get it from now though, maybe someone has a copy to give/sell but I don't know if it's still licensed.