mmc problem

Amr Hassan

i have inserted a mmc with a project set to 315-2dp cpu on a 313c-2dp cpu. all led are flashing and there is no communication with the cpu , i am using a pc and not a pg , so i do not have a slot for mmc and i do not have a biger cpu in hand now
How can i solve this problem

It's because the project on the MMC has the wrong hardware configuration.

Do you have access to the STEP 7 software?

If you have the project on a PC with STEP 7 you're going to have to change the hardware configuration (the processor) and re-download it to the PLC. You could download just the hardware configuration.

If you've got the STEP 7 software without the project, you could try building an empty project and just downloading the correct compiled hardware configuration to the PLC. If you also went online and downloaded a copy of the blocks to the PC you could rebuild the project, but have any symbols with it.

If you don't have the STEP 7 software, you're pretty well stuck.

Edit: If you've got the STEP 7 software on that PC that you mentioned, you should be able to fix this by keeping the MMC in the 313.

Can you not get online with the PLC? If you use the accessible nodes feature of the SIMATIC Manager, do any icons show up?

Last edited:
Try to reset the MMC card:
  1. The MMC is slotted in the bay of the CPU. Your CPU requests an overall reset (slow blinking of the STOP LED).
  2. Set the switch to MRES and hold it there (approx. 9 seconds) until the STOP LED lights continuously.
  3. Within the next 3 seconds you must let the switch go and set it again to MRES. The STOP LED now blinks during the delete procedure.
Then try to go online with standard settings for MPI (station address=2, 187.5 kbaud)

If all the leds of the CPU stay flashing there is nog communication with the PLC possible neither you can perform a full reset IMBO.
There is a ?undocumented? reset possible. 1) Turn off the power of the CPU 2) Push MRES while powering ON 3) try the anser of JesperMP.

Good Luck

JesperMP said:
1)Set the switch to MRES and hold it there (approx. 9 seconds) until the STOP LED lights continuously.
2)Within the next 3 seconds you must let the switch go and set it again to MRES. The STOP LED now blinks during the delete procedure.
Prerequisite for reseting the MMC is:
Good Reflexes and timing!!