Camco Emerson Gearboxes

smcmanus

Can somebody explain or forward me information on how Camco gear boxe work? I looked on the internet and cannot find anything.

Thank you

Steve Bailey said:
Try Googling "Geneva mechanism". I think that's what they use or some variant of it. Contemporary motion control technology has pretty much rendered them obsolete.

I thought the Geneva mechanism was considered more of an indexer, while what Camco offered was more of a dwell cam.

Been awhile though so not sure, its true if you do not use it you lose it, memory that is.

I don't know exactly what Camco used inside their boxes. I never took one apart to look. There are any number of mechanisms that have been used to turn continuous motion (such as from a motor) into intermittent motion. The Geneva maechanism is one example. I read the original post as a request for general information on the topic using Camco as a specific example. Googling using "Geneva mechanism" is as good an entry as any.