GE Series 90 upload

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi Guys,

Trying to upload then download a program from a GE Series 90 using Versa 1.10

I know that I am a bit out of date on the versions but it is what it is...

Is there anything in the folders hardware configuration that will auto detect the PLC/CPU type? I am trying to set up the HWC in Versa and have no idea of what I am doing..

I just need to upload a program from the PLC, to make sure I can transfer the program

And before you say it (RTFM) I am a little short on time...

Thanks
Mark

Using the adapter or going with a homemade cable?

It is Store to send the program to the PLC, Load to get it.

There could be issues if the plc was programmed with LM or newer version of VersaPro.

Have to make sure your com port settings match the plc.

AS you request (same as I do) offer details of the PLC, cable/adapter, etc. being used. Steve, RussB, or I (last man on totem pole) may be able to assist.

You have to set up VersaPro to create a new folder using the same type of PLC as the one you're trying to upload from. By default, I think it sets up all new folders as a VersaMax PLC. Once the folder is created, you can't change the PLC style. For example, you can't turn a VersaMax folder into a 90-30 folder.

Open VersaPro, but don't open any project folder. Under the "Tools" menu, select "Options". In the "General" tab, there is a field called "Default Hardware Configuration". Choose the PLC style you need. All new folders will be created using that style until you change it again.

I hope the program you're trying to retrieve wasn't created with a newer version of VP or with Machine Edition. That could be a problem.

rsdoran said:
Using the adapter or going with a homemade cable?.

very good!!... but yes, both

Thanks guys... it worked great :)

Its a very nice program to, I like it, little weird having the program tree on the right, but still a nice program

Thanks
Mark

Steve Bailey said:
VersaPro lets you position the windows anywhere you want to put them, including letting them "float". If you would rather have the folder browser on the left, just click on the border and drag it to where you want it

Cool thanks :)