Time Stamping on a Previous Made Part RS View

Coachman

Good Morning ,

I am taking measurements of our parts that we are producing and
I am putting the results on Panelview Plus Screens.These results
are from parts that have been made an hour or 2 before. What would
be the best way that I can Time Stamp these results when they were
made? Would it be best if I used RS View Studio or RS Logix 5000?
and Would you have any ideas how I could do this? I created images
of the part,and I am indexing the results of the measurements along the screen from part to part. I would like to do the same with the time stamp also.

Thanks in advance,

Coachman said:
Good Morning ,

I am taking measurements of our parts that we are producing and
I am putting the results on Panelview Plus Screens.These results
are from parts that have been made an hour or 2 before. What would
be the best way that I can Time Stamp these results when they were
made? Would it be best if I used RS View Studio or RS Logix 5000?
and Would you have any ideas how I could do this? I created images
of the part,and I am indexing the results of the measurements along the screen from part to part. I would like to do the same with the time stamp also.

Thanks in advance,

I would do the timeastamping in the PLC. The PLC is always online and monitoring the process, whereas, an HMI or SCADA can be offline for updates , Wondoze problems, and during a reboot could miss a timestamp.

If you have V16 of Rslogix5000, use the AOI ( add on instruction ) feature to create your own TIMESTAMP instruction.

Use the GSV command to timestamp each part in the PLC.
I've done this on one of our jobs and it works great.

Theres also a software tool that will periodically synchronize all your PLCs you can download from the RA website.

curlyandshemp said:
I would do the timeastamping in the PLC. The PLC is always online and monitoring the process, whereas, an HMI or SCADA can be offline for updates , Wondoze problems, and during a reboot could miss a timestamp.

If you have V16 of Rslogix5000, use the AOI ( add on instruction ) feature to create your own TIMESTAMP instruction.

This is the timestamp I acquire used on a PV+ for display and for reports, in String format

timestamp_1.jpg

timestamp_2.jpg

Thanks ,Greatly Appreciated . The Time Stamp that you have at the bottom
of the rung ,is that an RS Logix intruction .I have version 15.

Coachman said:
Thanks ,Greatly Appreciated . The Time Stamp that you have at the bottom
of the rung ,is that an RS Logix intruction .I have version 15.

Yes, I used the AOI (Add On Instruction) to generate the time stamp. You could do the same thing creating a SBR and return a string with the Date/Time

Ian