panelviews for plc 2/15, 2/17

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a nice little rack at home with a AB plc 2/17 (and a remote 2/15 rack too :) :) :) ) The main rack has a number of analog/digital input/output cards, a real clock card, and a thermocouple input card.
I have the software and even a cable.

I have delusions of automation. I'd like to set up a few room with their own thermostats, and also automating some christmas lights.

However one of the biggest aspects of this is being able to modify/monitor this stuff.

What's a good panelview for these plcs?

I'm pretty familiar with the 5's and 500 series of processors. How does this series compare?

thanks in advance!!

The PLC 2 is considered obsolete. If you do not have the programming software, you may find it difficult to obtain.

You need more hardware.
There's no HMI that I know of that's capable of connecting through the PLC's programming port.
If you get a RIO PanelView, you'll need a sub-scanner 1771-SN.
If you get a DH+ PanelView, you'll need a DH+ module 1771-KA3.
If you get a DF1 PanelView or a PC-based HMI, you could connect through a 1771-KG serial DH (not DH+) module, or a 1771-KA2 plus 1771-KE/F combination.