Parallel PCMIA card & iFIX Keys

snguyen

Has anybody been able to make an parallel iFIX key work with an addon PCMIA card?

I'm using an iFIX 2.5 parallel key and with Quatech's parallel port card. The XP os see's the card just fine, but iFIX will not recognize the key. Does the parallel port need some kind of setting "bi-directional/ECP/EPP"?

Thanks.

A version 2.5 M1 key will not work like that, check with GE Fanuc to see if you can get the key updated or switched to M4(USB)
[email protected]
If it were mine I would buy a card that plugs into the backplane.

Similar Topics

So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
dear all.. i am designing the Sea Water Intake pump which the 4 pumps will be operated parallel, and 1 pump will be as stand by pump The pump data...
Replies
Views
I’m working on getting a Parallel Redundancy Protocol PRP system set up in a lab situation. The L73 PLC is in rack 4. 3 io racks are 1,2,3. I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to use level switches to control a valve. If a level switch goes hi, it closes a valve. I am using ONS to keep the switches...
Replies
Views
I have 2 Absolute Encoders 8192 steps per Rev. (Model TR Electronic CEV65m-11003) These Encoders communicate to the PLC5-60 via Parallel push/pull...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom