1756-M02AS hydraulic deadband

ttichy

Hello all,
I am trying to figure out whether the M02AS card actually has a deadband compensation. As you may know, in the Axis properties there is something called Friction/Deadband compensation. It has two values..Friction compensation(%) and window(position units). The manuals (at least the ones I read) only explain how the friction compensation works.
From what I read here in the forums, it seems like this card has deadband compensation. My A-B rep tells me that it doesn't.
If it does, what does the window parameter do? Anybody knows?

Thanks,
Tom

I do. I better.

The M02AS does have a dead band eliminator to move the spool past the dead band of the valve spool. There should be a parameter that allows one to set how much the dead band is. There is also another value that specifies how far the actuator error must be before the dead band is fully added to the output. This keeps the valve from chattering when the actuator is moving only a thousandths of an inch on either side of the command position.

ttichy said:
Great. Now both values in RSLogix5000 Axis properties make sense.
Thanks a lot!!!

FYI,

That is the president of the company who makes the MO2AS card for Rockwell Automation.

He's a great resource for this board.