Motion Axis Jog on 1756-M02AS

Yes, it's a sort of crane. It's a hoist that picks up railway ties (up to 8 at a time) travels from 16 to 108 inches, then lowers the ties and releases them onto a tram. All hydraulic power. The encoder is 22bit with a resolution of 41.7 counts per inch.

Another question: Has the hydraulic pressure changed since original calibration?

I don't know the history of the pump running the hydraulics, other than it's more than 5 years old in it's current configuration. There may have been different pumps at the time it was commissioned (more than 30 yrs ago).

Yeah...that alone might stabilise the jog. Then play with the proportional gain. Dropping it will soften the response but you still need enough to get within your tolerance window....if there is one :)

Similar Topics

Hello Experts, I'm wondering if this has been done before if possible to create an Emulate file that have motion control axis? I tried to...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, On my system, i got prop valve controling cylinder on the left and right to adjust the center of a lumber before it get in a woodmill...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We have been working on our own controller after many decades of using the "big names". What would your ideal motion-controller be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking through the CIP_AXIS_DRIVE data type in a Logix controller to look for something that can tell me whether the current...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Ho do I go about making changes to a "Motion Axis Parameter" e.g. PositionScalingNumerator that is currently grayed out in the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom