WinCC flexible connections

JasonWade

Hi,

I am having problems adding a new STATION in to my WinCC connections. I want to have both PLC's talking to the HMI via ethernet.

I have the following items all connected by ethernet;

317T-DP processor with CP343-1 Lean
317-DP processor with CP343-1 Lean
MP270 touchscreen

Simatic manager shows that all the items are connected, however when I try to add a station the 317T does not appear in the drop down list.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Try to setup a similar project with 2 x 317 (no 317T).
If this goes OK, then it does look there is some incompatibility with WinCC Flex an the T CPUs.
If it does not go OK, then there is something wrong with your installation. I have just made a test and it went OK.
I cannot test a 317T myself as I dont have the option software for that.

Hi Jesper,

I don't have the Technology option installed, I think this is the problem.

WinCC shows the 317T connection when it first starts up, then it disappears after an automatic S7 synchronisation.

I will have to get S7 Technology, do you know if this is available as a working demo or trial version?

If you dont have the technology option, then there will be a big fat yellow question mark in the Hardware Configuration for the 317T.
I dont know if the S7 technology is available as a demo.

You can try to setup a non-integrated connection from the HMI to the 317T.

I presume that your wincc flex is integrated in the your project .What you could do is to use it as stand alone and then try and add another connection.

Eric