Copying Parameters

Always ridin

Hello,I have a powerflex 400 drive that failed but I have the parameters backed up. I have replaced it and need to upload from my pc to the drive. I will be doing this through an ethernet connection. I have drive executive and rs logix 5000 software. Is there a procedure on this? I tried help on Drive exec but not enough info. AB sight didnt help either.This should not be this difficult.

First, let's be sure we share the same terminology. PC-> Drive is Download, Drive <- PC is Upload.

There are two ways to save the parameters for a PowerFlex drive using Drive Executive.

When Drive Executive runs as a standalone software package, you will have a *.DNO file that contains the drive parameter database.

When Drive Executive is used in its embedded form, you will have a "Drive" tab in your RSLogix 5000 I/O connection window that includes the parameter list for the drive.

In Drive Executive, the menu path is "Drive -> Download to Drive".

In RSLogix 5000, you navigate to the Drive tab on the I/O connection window, click "connect to drive", then click "download".

Which software package are you using, and where are you getting stuck in the process ?

Hello Ken,

I am using Drive Executive stand alone but can use RSLogix 5000. The machine I have has its own IP address and each of the 21 drives have there own Ip address as well.The drives from the factory have a default IP address so I thought to simplify the process I would connect directly to the drive and download the saved parameters, which would assign the same IP address as the origional. I opened Drive Executive selected drive connect to but the program does not recongize the drive.I have the auto browse option selected. This is where I am stuck. I cannot get the new drive to be recongized.

James

How are you connected? Directly with a cable to the single drive? Or to the ethernet network? If the latter, can you "see" (browse) to any of the other drives?

The other thing that comes to mind is firware levels vs. EDS files.

Hope this bump helps!
Paul

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance with my question. I stumbled across the problem by accident. I was using my lab top to connect the the drives and the wireless connection was the problem. The minute I disabled the wireless, opened Drive Executive and selected connect to drive, immediately the drives were recognized. I suppose there was a com port problem. Not sure why I was able to ping the connection with wireless connected, and the program still did not see the drives. Maybe the ping was only a direct connect signal from c command prompt, entirely seperate from what Drive Executive was looking for?

Thanks again