Controllogix Controlnet

maniec

First time user of Controlnet, so please bear with me.
1:)I understand it is possible to cnfigure the controlnet via Ethernet?

2:) Problem is that RSnetworx for controlnet does not want to communicate?

What am I missing?

For most applications, you can connect to the ControlNet that you are scheduling via bridging across the ControlLogix backplane from an Ethernet connection.

What do you mean by "RSNetworx for ControlNet does not want to communicate ?"

Software lacks will and self-awareness, so you're going to have to describe the ControlNet network modules, how they are connected, and what kind of error or status messages you are getting from RSLinx and/or RSNetworx.

A good publication for ControlNet novices is the "ControlNet Modules in Logix 5000 Systems", publication CNET-UM001C.

Ken Roach said:
For most applications, you can connect to the ControlNet that you are scheduling via bridging across the ControlLogix backplane from an Ethernet connection.

What do you mean by "RSNetworx for ControlNet does not want to communicate ?"

Software lacks will and self-awareness, so you're going to have to describe the ControlNet network modules, how they are connected, and what kind of error or status messages you are getting from RSLinx and/or RSNetworx.

A good publication for ControlNet novices is the "ControlNet Modules in Logix 5000 Systems", publication CNET-UM001C.

Using RSlogix 5000 v16, RSNetworx v7.00

1756-L55 CPU
1756 ENBT Ethernet
1756-CNB/E Controlnet Master

3 Slaves - 1794-ACN15/C's with each about 5 IO Cards

When I want to go online in RSNetworx, after having set the path to point to +controlnet (under 1794CNB/E) the it says CNET:80AE - Transfer To Online failed

Make sure CNB series E has firmware rev 11.2 or higher
Did you install EDS file for CNB series E ver 11 ?

V11.002 exact match
Checked on another plc o the network and there I can upload config via RSnetworks and everything is A-ok

Must be missing something small, maybe cause its Sunday. Have 2 get the plant up and running asap (nothing new there!!)

You did not say anything about v11 EDS? Did you install it?
If it works from another PC, this is most likely EDS
I would also delete harmony files.

Have had the eds V11.002 installed from the beginning, Comms to another plc (With ENB / D) on the network from the same PC.
I am browsing through ethernet network with 12 plc's , all with Controlnet, and it is only this one that is giving the problem.

Let me just Re-explain the problem, in case you are not following the thread.

I am trying to set up a new cpu with controlnet, have done everything as the help file says.

When I have created the network file, saved in RSNetworx, saved in RSlogix, and then download, I get the "Warning: Unable to communicate with ControlNet Keeper. Verify path to ControlNet network." message.

I have even disconnected all the slave modules bar 1, still no joy.

Unfortunately the only comms I have with the PLC is via Ethernet.

In RSNetworx, if I try to go online to the controlnet network, I get "The communications interface device did not respond. Transition to online failed."

Last edited: