dp port

sourena

Hi there.... the dp port of plc 313-c 2dp is connected to some speed drives... if i want to try to connect through to this port what should i do to set pc/pg interface?
There is a pc adaptor connected to dp port. And if i connect through the mpi port can i still view the speed drives programs? or just PLC?
thank you.

Hello,

If you want to connect to PLC through DP port you need to set in PG/PC interface - PCAdapter(PROFIBUS). Never mind the connection (MPI or PROFIBUS) that you use to comunicate with PLC you should be able to see FB that is used for comunication between PLC and the drive. You can not see the program (configuration if I understand you well) of the drive through this connection, just PLC program.

Similar Topics

Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Trying to export a Modern application for an upgrade to Intouch 2020 but I cannot export the application from the 2014 version because the export...
Replies
Views
Very similar issue as the last post I had here with communicating our Linux Gateway to an AB CompactLogix controller. I have assigned a gateway...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of an AOI using the user ASCII protocol select on the L6x controllers that will talk Modbus RTU using RS-485? Thanks, Trevor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom