Sequencers

spifldorf,
With the info provided all you will get is some very,very WAQ at best.
If any at all.
If you can post the complete cat. no. of your processors and your code(.RSS files) for both processors.
Then direct us to the file-rung the sequencers are in.
You will get a much better responce.

(Here is a SWAG (Sweet W.A.G.) for you, Mickey!)

Spifldorf,
A quick guess would be that your Outputs are arranged differently on the Mircologix. In other words they are not at the same Slot and Word address as in the SLC 500. Unless you duplicated the I/O type, I/O quantity, I/O card arrangement, slot numbers, and rack size exactly, then your old program will not run without modification.

Many times Sequencer instructions control Output bits directly. If you did not change them in the program to match the Micrologix, it would be a miracle if they worked correctly.

If your Outputs are different, then your Inputs are probably different also, and you may have more problems than just Sequencers.

Last edited:
My "Sweet" WAQ is his sequencer is in a ladder file other then Lad 2 and he forgot to call the subroutine.

Mickey,

Your SWAG is as good as my SWAG any old day!

I just looked up the Micrologix 1100. It has 10 In, 6 Out, with 2 expansion slots. There is a good chance that the addresses do not match the old SLC 500, unless it truly was a plain SLC 5/00.

Last edited:
Your I/O should match up.
Save your original code, ZIP it and post.
Looks OK if you know what you are doing though...
ML1100 is LACKING in I/O though....IF YOU EXPANDED your I/O to an additional card, then you HAVE A PROBLEM.
We look forward to the post.

Your Outputs are not co-ordinated. (6 used in the original SLC500)in word 0. Nothing used in word 1.
In the revised program, you are now only using 5 outputs, all in the same word (OK) but where is the last output?
Look in Lad 5 to start.
You really just need to change the SEQ location outputs.

The Output card O:3.0 is utilizing 2 outputs. Where are they coming from?
You need to look at your orignial program, I take it is the INT7 Current, and look at your Outs table. Click useage. You can see that the same Outs are not referenced in the new program.
You are going to have to do some moving around.
(You could use the function copy) or Search and Replace the Outputs to the correct ones.

I have made the changes for you, not tested

If you need further help, give another response.

Last edited:
Your Outputs are not co-ordinated. (6 used in the original SLC500)in word 0. Nothing used in word 1.
You had better double-check this, SNK. Look at File 5, Rung 004. In Word O:0, the Sequencer is using Outputs O:0/6, O:0/7, O:0/8, and O:0/9. On Word O:1, bits O:1/0,O:1/1,O:1/2,O:1/3,O:1/4,O:1/5,O:1/6 and O:1/7 are all used.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, The second file actually works. I've been out on a breakdown and forgot to mention that. Had to put in a timer to compensate for the scan rate differences between the processors.

Recently changed processors from a SLC 500 to a Micro 1100 and the sequencers are not working. Any thoughts.
Was the problem then that your sequencer was actually "working" all along, but the time was so fast that the message did not display properly?