how can i tell if my ABB Robot is capable of welding

smcmanus

I have an ABB IRB 4400. How can I tell if it is cable of welding? E.g. What cable connections on Controller and Robot should I look for? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

The ABB IRB 4400 is a weld capable robot (I believe it is weld capable as standard, but it's been a little while since I played around with any ABB welders).
Without seeing the setup you have, I couldn't imagine what equipment you may or may not need to make it useable for any given application.
With a little more detail I may be able to at least point you in the right direction, however, I recommend you contact your local ABB rep who will be able to help you out a great deal more.

Edit: Correction and apologies - after talking to a colleague we came to the conclusion that this robot is more suited to Plasma Cutting than welding, but again I strongly suggest talking to ABB to be sure.

Last edited: