WinCC Flex & WinCC 6.2 Questions

smcmanus

1.)Is WinCC Flex 2005 just newer software then WinCC 6.2?

2.)I have a new machine. It’s been done in WinCC 6.2. Unfortunately I have only WinCC Flex Advanced. Can I open it with Flex Advanced and make changes and save it back as WinCC 6.2?

3.)If I am able to open it and make changes can I save it as a WinnCC Flex Advanced project and run it on the same SIMATIC Panel that the 6.2 was running on?

4.) How do I add or remove HMI from SIMATIC Manager?

Appreciate your responses

Is it possible to download WinCC 6.2 and run the trial period? I just need to see if my application will work or even open. Looked on the Siemens website but cannot find anything. Are there any other web sites?

smcmanus said:
2.)I have a new machine. It’s been done in WinCC 6.2. Unfortunately I have only WinCC Flex Advanced. Can I open it with Flex Advanced and make changes and save it back as WinCC 6.2?
There is a migrate function in WinCC Flexible to import WinCC projects. But it will only import partially, and you cannor export back to WinCC. WinCC Flexible should be the successor to WinCC, but it appears that the release of WinCC Flexible with WinCC functionality is slipping. Now the release has slipped to at least 2008.

smcmanus said:
3.)If I am able to open it and make changes can I save it as a WinnCC Flex Advanced project and run it on the same SIMATIC Panel that the 6.2 was running on?
If the "panel" runs a WinCC project, then it must be a panel PC. You need WinCC Felxible Advanced to create a PC runtime project, and a WinCC Flexible runtime license to run the project on the PC.

smcmanus said:
4.) How do I add or remove HMI from SIMATIC Manager?
To add: In Simatic Manager, select the entire project (place the cursor at the root of the project tree) then use the "insert" function and select a "HMI" or "PC Station". The latter is used for PCs that may contain a HMI and possibly other components such as OPC servers or the WinAC soft PLC.
To remove, just select the HMI component and hit delete.