WinCC Flex 2008 USB driver for Windows 10

Hi,

I have WinCC Felxible 2008 SP5 installed on my Windows 10.

I want to program Simatic panel TP177B using USB transfer cable.

But i can't find any USB device drivers for Windows 10.(Please refer pic)

Can anyone please tell me where can i get it?

Thank you

Regards

Liston

Annotation 2020-06-10 133503.png

Hi,

I have WinCC Felxible 2008 SP5 installed on my Windows 10.

I want to program Simatic panel TP177B using USB transfer cable.

But i can't find any USB device drivers for Windows 10.(Please refer pic)

Can anyone please tell me where can i get it?

Thank you

Regards

Liston

Not to be flippant, but asking Siemens tech support would probably be a safe place to start.

Do you mean to use a regular USB-to-serial, or the Siemens PC Adapter USB ?
The 1st one isnt possible with the TP177B.
The 2nd one should be possible to select if you open the PG/PC Interface, and select S7ONLINE = PC Adapter, and then in the settings for the adapter specify USB.

edit: Do you have both STEP7 and WinCC Flexible, or only WinCC Flexible ?
If you have STEP7 then the latest drivers incl. the one for the PC Adapter USB will already be installed. Not sure when you only have WinCC Flexible. Maybe, maybe not.

edit again: It just dawned on me that maybe you want to attach the TP177B as a USB device on your PC. I am not sure if that is even possible.

Last edited:
In case of PC Adapter USB, then maybe your problem is that the driver for Windows 10 comes with STEP7 V5.6 or TIA V13 or greater. If you dont have these, you could install a trial of STEP7 V5.6 or TIA V16.

Ah, I saw your last post. So it is a generic USB Host-to-host cable.
Hmmm. dont know about that.
I think that maybe the TP177B manual tells you which USB host-to-host cables are compatible.
What is the exact type no of the TP177B panel ?

edit: i think this was possible with some panels, but only with a few cables that where tested and found to work.
USB host-to-host is not a standard. The cable you have is for PC to PC connections and almost certainly require that a specfic driver is installed at both ends.

Last edited: