Panelview 1000

mcalidl

I am currently working on a panvelview 1000 using the panelbuilder32 software. I currently have pushbuttons (for example, move south and move north), I have been asked to gray out the pushbutton if it is already south based on a limit switch. Is this possible? Please help.

Yes, it is possible, you just have to set up the States of your pushbutton. You'll have to use an internal bit in your PLC to indicate whether the button should be grayed out. (The PV cannot directly address PLC inputs and outputs.) Create a tag for this bit and use it for the Indicator of the pushbutton. Then, set up the options in the States tab so that the appropriate state displays the button in gray. Of course this won't actually disable the button, so you'll have to have some logic in the PLC that prevents a button press from doing anything unless the proper conditions are met.

There are two tags that you define for the push button. The indicator tag should be assigned to your limit switch tag. Then go to the push button states tab and base the color off of the limit switch tag state. 0=green 1=gray or what ever combo you like

These are momentary pushbuttons not multistate. If this does not matter, please advise.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. The state of the button will always be displayed as per the Indicator tag.

I have tried this, but I think I was using the indicator tag as an I:0/15, but a previous post says the PV cannot access I's and O's directly. I am guessing that was my problem.

The following screenshot is from the Panelbuilder32 help file. Note the unfortunate lack of X's under the I and O columns.

pb32.jpg

I see said the blind man. I think this is going to be my problem. However, I won't be able to test this until tonight sometime. I think when I was trying this before, panelbuilder32 did not give me an error, when I assigned the tag to an input.

You can access I's and O's with DH+ and DH485 for sure with a SLC. You for sure can not with a 5/05 and Ethernet. You will get a validation error if you try to do this.

I just finished swapping a couple of these to Ethernet and found out the hard way.

BTW, I wouldn't try to access the I and O data tables directly anyway. It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

allscott said:
BTW, I wouldn't try to access the I and O data tables directly anyway. It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

What does that mean? I understand if you would rather see you data all grouped together in neat and efficient arrays but as far as troubleshooting screens where you want verification of I/O I do not see what would be wrong with accessing the I/O files?