4-20 mA signal in conduit w/ DC Power?

ChemEduo

Hi all, I'm sure this is a novice question but I thought this would be the best place to get some good advice!

Is it safe/prudent to run 4-20 mA signal wires in the same conduit with DC power? (We are building a prototype and we're kind of pressed for space as far as wiring/conduit goes.)

Thanks for your help!

As long as we are not talking about 500VDC for a motor field or something there shouldn't be a problem.

24VDC, low frequency, low current switching shouldn't be a problem for 2-20mA as long as the 4-20mA is on a sheilded twisted pair cable such as Belden 8760.

Similar Topics

I am not sure why this is requested, but it was asked. Currently I have one PLC , with one output to a relay, turning on a field equipment (just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on automating an industrial fabric shrinkage tester to replace its outdated electronics with a PLC. To get the tank's water level...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an old panel builder 32 that I’m replacing for a factory talk me hmi . In the plc for the old panel builder there is a coms bit for the...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty new to PLC's, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and whatnot. We have an issue at work where we have a flow meter that is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom