DDE Links

sparky64

I'm trying to write values from excel into a PLC5/40B, but, although my excel macro runs ok, the values do not appear in the integer file i'm trying to write to.

I can write to a PLC5/250 using the same macro, but changing the dde topic etc,

Is it that the 5/40 does not support dde links???

If the 5/40 does not support dde, i will write the values in to the 5/250 and then message the values across dh+ to the 5/40.

Thanks for any help

Sparky :rolleyes:

You ought to be able to message into the PLC-5/40B all day long on DH+.

Are there any error codes you can get out of this ? Are you certain that the data table address to which you're writing exists in the PLC-5/40 ?

What is your communication path from the pc to the plc?

(e.g. pc with excel and rslinx <-> ethernet <-> 1756 bridge to dh+ <-> dh+ <-> plc5/40)

Thanks for the replies lads.

I've managed to do it, i'm writing to and reading from floating point files, this is to allow the quality department to download recipes from an excel application to a PLC5/40, which is controlling a gas fill system.

Thanks for the help

Sparky :cool: ;)