Excel Crashes on starting DDE Links

OutaControl

I have a spreadsheet I use to pull data from a RSLogix PLC using RSLinx. It runs fine on my old XP computer but crashes instantly on my Win 7 computer. Both are running Office 2010. I don't think it is related to the Google Chrome issue as it is installed on both. I tried uninstalling but it made no difference. I am using RSLinx Classic running as an application. I have also tried using the WonderWare DASABCIP server instead of RSLinx with the same results. Any help is appreciated.

Other Apps

I had the same problem. I found out that another software on the computer was using DDE and that was causing excel to crash. The software for me was Logitech Setpoint (Wireless Mouse).

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem. I found out that another software on the computer was using DDE and that was causing excel to crash. The software for me was Logitech Setpoint (Wireless Mouse).

Hope this helps.

You sir are a genius, that was exactly the problem. How did you determine what other programs were using DDE?

Thanks!