software upgradation!

vivekkansara

Hi To All.
I Have Purchased Siemens Software Mirowin 3.2v For S7-200 Plc Family A Four Years Ago.
Now I Want To Upgrade It To Microwin 4.0v.
Could You People Guide Me The Proper Measures.
On Siemens Site A Link Is Given For Upgradation To 4.0v.
But It Didn't Work Out.
Please Suggest.
Sorry If Anything Written Wrong!
Thanks In Advance.
Your Replies Are Always Precious.

To change major version (from V3.X to V4.X) you need to purchase a license update or a new version. Only minor changes (AKA Service Packs) are free on the site.

You'll have to contact your Siemens rep.

Kind regards,

Exactly Ivo.maenen..
I Absolutely Agree To U Also...
Y Wud Siemens Give Any Sort Of Such Links If Its Not Possible To Upgrade A Software.
Will We Have To Buy Each Time A New Version Is Launched?

In the info I possess I read:
  1. 6ES7810-2CC03-0YX0
    299,00 €
    SIMATIC S7, STEP7-MICRO/WIN V4.0 SP3, SINGLE LICENSE F.1 INSTALLATION E-SW, SW AND DOCU. ON CD, CLASS A, 6 LANG. (G,E,F,I,S,C), EXECUTABLE UNDER WIN2000/XP, REFERENCE-HW:SIMATIC S7-200

2. 6ES7810-2CC03-0YX3
    135,00 €
    SIMATIC S7, STEP7-MICRO/WIN V4.0 SP3 UPGR., SINGLE LICENSE F.1 INSTALLATION E-SW, SW AND DOCU. ON CD, CLASS A, 6 LANG. (G,E,F,I,S,C), EXECUTABLE UNDER WIN2000/XP, REFERENCE-HW:SIMATIC S7-200
Since both references mention the same version of Step7 microWin, and you can download the service packs for free on the website, I figure the second reference is about upgrading from V3.X to V4.0 SP3.

Prices are in Euro and were valid from 05/2007 on in Belgium. In other parts of the world the price may vary, and not only because of exchange rates. You also have to include VAT rates, import rates, local taxes and so on. Nevertheless it gives an idea.

Kind regards,

Make sure you do NOT uninstall the old version until you start the installation of the upgrade version and it tells you to uninstall the old one. If you uninstall prior, the update will not install because it cannot find a valid licensed software installed.