MP 270B Project Download Help

RAJATPALLAV

HI ALL.

Writing after a gap.

Coming to the point,

I am not able to download ready project into MP 270B despite having tried with ethernet cable then tried with MPI cable and finally serial cable. What am I missing ???

When I check in Project - Transfer settings - options and click device status it throws up alarm "could not establish connection. please check your settings, interface, cables etc."

Any clues will be blessings.

Last edited:
Use ethernet. It is easy and fast.

Set the IP address on the panel. Reboot the panel.
Connect PC and panel either with a direct crossed cable or via a switch.
Try to ping the panel from the PC.
If ok, proceed with download via ethernet.

If the HMI is connected with Laptop through CP5512

Then do the followings to make HARD CORE SURE that communication is taking place between HMI and Laptop.

1)GO to Control panel of the HMI and then access the "S7 transfer"

2)Check the settings under S7Transfer,(Note down whether it is MPI or Profibus)

3)Make sure both the options of transfer has been checked.

4)Go to advance setting

5)Note down the baud rate,make sure that HMI is the only master on the bus is checked, note down the Highest station address.

6)Close all the windows, and put the HMI into TRANSFER mode

7)Go to contol panel to open the Set PG/PC interface option

8)In PG/PC Interface window Select either CP5512Profibus or CP5512MPI(Based on you HMI settings)

9)After this click the properties button

10)Here the baud rate should be same as that of HMI,Only master on the bus should be checked, and Highest station address (HSA)should be equal to or greater then HSA of the HMI.

11)Close the properties windown

12)Click the Diagnostic button now

13)Click the READ button in this window.

14)Your HMI address should appear,which shows communication is established between laptop and HMI

If you are not able to download the project still, then....

15)Open Prosave(START-->ALL PROGRAMS-->SIMATIC-->PROSAVE)(SIMATIC may appear in START itself)

16)Here enter your Device Type,Connection (connection should be same as PG/PC interface) and HMI address

17)Press OS Update TAB

18)Press Device Status

If you get OK then 100% you will able to download .Else GOTO step 1 , you missed some thing for sure ;-)

BOOM !!!

There it goes. Thanx MV for all the help.

But I would supplement it that I had to make STATION ADDRESS as 1 in WinCC Flexible 2005 PROJECT - TRANSFER - TRANSFER SETTING to finally push it accross.

Thanx again.

Oh ya,
Thats the one of the important step which I just forget.
If you change the MPI/PROFIBUS address to 1 in HMI it always work.
And I would say profibus has higher chances then MPI !!