MP 270B serial connection

burnem83

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to display a rs232 signal (from a laser gauge reading diameter of plastic rod)on a mp270b HMI by going directly into the rs232 port? I am thinking it will not be possible and I will need to purchase a rs232 S7 interface card but if anyone has any ideas (we don't have too much cash to spend) they would be much appreciated.

BTW the HMI is linked to a 300cpu via profibus.

Andy

Cp

I think the CP341-rs232c is needed.
I remember that we connected an MP270B with a mitsubishi via RS422, long time ago. These are standard protocols in wincc flexible. I don't know if scripting can be done to read the serial data in a panel.

You have 2 kind of serial CP rs232 modules, the cheap one (cp340) has a max speed of 9600 bps, the newer one can communicate much faster. The CP340 is around 300 euros I think.

Even if it could be done with the panel, I would allways go for the CP.

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to display a rs232 signal (from a laser gauge reading diameter of plastic rod)on a mp270b HMI by going directly into the rs232 port? I am thinking it will not be possible and I will need to purchase a rs232 S7 interface card but if anyone has any ideas (we don't have too much cash to spend) they would be much appreciated.

BTW the HMI is linked to a 300cpu via profibus.

Andy