Foxboro FBM230 and AB PLC-5/15

My plant is currently upgrading to the Foxboro Mesh network for our DCS control. We are trying to establish communications between an FBM230 and a AB PLC-5/15. We have a DH+ running on our current system. We want to connect directly to the serial port on the controller via serial/fiber/serial link. The current link to the DH+ is through a 1770-KF2. I'm sure we can connect throught the DH+ but can we connect through the serial port on the PLC-5/15 controller?

I've done this with the FBM231 (same as the 230 but redundant) and a Contrologix L61. But just to test the FBM231 during the FAT of the DCS. On the last page of the document DI700BD you'll find the configuration of the dip switches on the TA and the CHANNEL 0 of the PLC. This I recommend for test only since you can only get 2400 bps which is very slow depending on how many points or signals do you need. With the 1770-KF2 you can get up to 19200 bps.If you need some information on the configuration of the DCS please let me know. We recently migrated a Honeywell TDC3000 (AMC Controllers) to a I/A Foxboro 7.2.
I cant upload this file since its larger than 300 kb. But let me know if you dont have this doc. Also the Foxboro representative should be able to give it to you. On the DI700BD you can also find information about the blocks and the file tipes for any kind of signal. This document is the FDSI Driver User's Guide.
Hope this helps.

Your PLC-5/15 does not have a serial port . That 9 pin port is a DH+ port.
(see PDF or pic below)

DHPort.jpg