Control word Document

moltra

This is a little word document that I made up to help me with the different control / status words and the HEX / Binary conversions. It can be modified as needed.

Let me know what you guys think of it.

The easiest way i know for binary/HEX and HEX/binary is to use the extended version of the Microsoft calculator that comes with the operating system. Something from Microsoft that WORKS!!

The calculator is located in the Windows Program Accessories folder. To convert decimal, binary, and hex, in the top calculator menu, click "View", then switch from "Standard" to "Scientific".

Easiest way to get the calculator is run->calc

Also, Google will do an amazing job with conversions natively.

Try: 23c to f

You can get crazier and crazier. Also try things like

Time in New York
or
Temperature in Seoul

I use that also, but when dealing with control words, this sheet makes it easier to see what the control word bit does.