Simovert Drive Control Word

S7Guy

I've got a crosscut saw that uses a few Simovert Masterdrives (6SE7087-6JP50 to be exact), and I need to modify the functionality slightly. I understand the control words and all that, but am by no means a drive expert. I need a sanity check on this.

Anyway, right now if we want to send the saw to a new position, we have to stop and start the saw for the new setpoint to take effect (note that I have already sent the new setpoint down to the drive). But, what we want it to do is have the new setpoint take effect immediately without stopping the saw. I get why the original OEM did it this way, but this is a new application where we

So, I imagine there is a combination of parameters and control bits I have to look at. Any ideas to get me started?

I've got a crosscut saw that uses a few Simovert Masterdrives (6SE7087-6JP50 to be exact), and I need to modify the functionality slightly. I understand the control words and all that, but am by no means a drive expert. I need a sanity check on this.

Anyway, right now if we want to send the saw to a new position, we have to stop and start the saw for the new setpoint to take effect (note that I have already sent the new setpoint down to the drive). But, what we want it to do is have the new setpoint take effect immediately without stopping the saw. I get why the original OEM did it this way, but this is a new application where we

So, I imagine there is a combination of parameters and control bits I have to look at. Any ideas to get me started?
If motion is active the setpoint change won't have any effect until a re-trigger of sorts is executed.
We either superimpose a move (correction) or re-trigger the actual motion on the fly (with the new setpoint).
Not sure if there's a combination of perameters that will allow you to do what you plan on doing but I'd be interested to find out for myself.

you need to find present product grade when will ending = counter

as suggestion bkottaras to be apply

and few parameters of drive will request drive to stop to take effect.

Without the parameter file (.dnl) .... It's all a guess

Oh yeah, I understand that completely. Alas, there is no dnl file, the drive is a thousand miles away, and it is 20 years old. I'm just asking if someone would know off the top of their head if there is a certain parameter (or combination of parameters) that would force the programmer to stop and start the drive again upon a setpoint change. That said, it would be possible for the guys there to scroll through the parameters and write down some pertinent values if necessary.

At the moment I'm writing some test code that logs any change in the control word into a data block so I can see exactly what's going on.

Which software would I need to upload the parameters/drive configuration? I use Starter to connect to new Sinamics and Micromaster drives, but it wouldn't connect to this drive.

Which software would I need to upload the parameters/drive configuration? I use Starter to connect to new Sinamics and Micromaster drives, but it wouldn't connect to this drive.
I'm pretty sure we used Starter to go online with the Masterdrive MC.
It may be a comms issue (settings, baud rate, true serial port, etc) try going online via the RS485 interface (serial port of the drive itself, maybe RS422 can't remember anymore).

Unfortunately I'm limited to MPI, ProfiBus, or Ethernet (via the CP343-1 card) as the PC I'm using doesn't have a serial port. If worse comes to worse though, I could ship out an Ethernet to serial converter.

Ok, once I get that installed, will I be able to connect to the drives via the MPI interface?

Also, is there any reason that DriveMontor and Starter can't peacefully coexist? I wasn't sure before, which is why I didn't install it on this PC.

Starter and Drive Monitor coexist just fine
You cant connect to a Masterdrive via MPI unless you setup routing.
and routing doesn't work without the complete tool called DriveES Basic

I recommend you connect via the uss front port x300
The cable diagram is easy but you need an RS232 port of some sort
Just download the free Drive Monitor

I installed my logger and was able to figure out which bit triggers the new setpoint, and everyone is happy.

But, I still want to upload the parameters and create the dnl file in case a drive ever fails. I have DriveES, but didn't install it on the PC that has Starter on it. Like DriveMonitor, should it be a problem to install it? I'll probably have a question or two regarding routing too.

Thanks for the help!