Can I use the g.input command with Mitsubishi IEC Developer V7

deeside

Hi,

I am trying to read data from the buffer of a QJ71C24 serial port (Ch1 - RS-232) on a Q PLC. I have got as far as attempting to use the G.INPUT command to retrieve the buffer data but cannot seem to find it in the list of functions. As the rest of this PLC was programmed using IEC I do not want to use GX Developer (Which does have the G.INPUT command). How do I use dedicated instructions within IEC Developer?

Cheers,

Deeside

Hi Panic Mode,

Thanks for the reply.

I am already aware about the instruction g.input in the SH(NA)-080006 manual but that only appears to describes how to use the command in Gx Developer. My problem is I want to use the instruction in Gx IEC Developer which does not seem to have an equivalent function for g.input.

Cheers,

Deeside

I assume you checked the two manuals that come with GX IEC Developer?

And you can retrieve data from buffer memory with U\G addresses or TO\FROM instructions too.

Thanks Crossbow,

I contacted my distributor and he suggested the same and I have now successfully retrieved the buffer contents using the FROMP command. I cannot find any reference to the G.INPUT function in any GX IEC documentation and conclude IEC v7 does not support the G.INPUT function.