gh_ounie

Hi good afternon
I'm using plcsim S300 and protool when i start run time i have this massage
connection disconnected:pLC1_STATION2,RACK 0,SLOT 0
INCORRECT ACCESS POINT OR MODULE CONFIGRATION
and indicator DP on plcsim indicat to red
pls help me

Hi gh_ounie

There is at least one obvious error: Slot must be 2, not 0.

There can be other problems, please state some more specifics.
Are you trying to use PLCSIM ? If so what version of PLCSIM are you using ?
What kind of connection are you trying to simulate (MPI, DP, Ethernet) ?
Is the Protool project a panel, or a PC ?

Hi JesperMP
thanks for your reply I appreciate your help i have to tell that my project was working very good for long time and it stoped when i have made format for my pc

what i'm trying to make connection is MPI
and project panel is pc
thanks ....

Hi JesperMP
when i had made save and compile on NetPro i had thise massage
output for station'stations name_pro1'(1):
Warning: station is not networked.
agian thanks for help

gh_ounie said:
Hi JesperMP
when i had made save and compile on NetPro i had thise massage
output for station'stations name_pro1'(1):
Warning: station is not networked.
agian thanks for help

It doesn't matter - that part of the config doesn't get "downloaded" to Sim in the firstplace - have you changed the access point address in Protool?

Hi JesperMP
as you siad i have changed the slots to 2 from the protool controler
but it still dosn't work
i changed prtool to un integrated with step 7 and delet the hole project and reloaded agian when i opend simatic manaager i saw
protools station agian put it did not work (unintegrated) then i went to protool cs and open my project and went to controller

and made parameters of op interface DP/MPI address 1 comunication peer address 2 slot 0 rack 0 profile MPI AND then made download no responding ''DOWNLOAD ABORTED ERROR"
you have to know the addrees of MPI on simatic NetPro is 2 simulation.
thanks alot .

Last edited:
You do not need to do anything in NetPro when the Protool project is not integrated in the STEP7 project.
Like I said before, for an S7-300 "slot" MUST be "2".
And then just make sure that the simulated PLCs MPI address is the same as the PLC is in STEP7 and Protool (typically "2"). The Protool HMI MPI address is typically "1".

You STILL have not answered my question about which PLCSIM version you are using. But I am guessing it is an older version that require that you set the S7ONLINE access point to PC Adapter(MPI), or CP5611(MPI) or similar. I am guessing there is something wrong with this part.

Hi JesperMP
it's plcSIM v5.2
i have changed as you siad and the massege become:
connection disconnected:pLC1_STATION2,RACK 0,SLOT 2
INCORRECT ACCESS POINT OR MODULE CONFIGRATION
the address is the same as the plc and protool"2"
addressMPI HMI "1"
forgive i don't get you with access point

very thanks

Even if the connection is to a simulated PLC, the online connection type that is set with the Set PG/PC Interface utility must be set to some adapter that works with MPI, i.e. a PC adapter, a CP5611, or a CP5511 or similar. If you dont have a CP type then just select a PC adapter.

To sum it up:

In the STEP7 project, the CPU has the MPI adress set to "2".

In the Protool project, the HMI panel MPI adress is set to "1" and the connection partner adress is "2", and rack=0, slot=2.

In the Set PG/PC Interface utility, you have set the S7ONLINE access point to PC Adapter (MPI), CP5611(MPI) or similar, and the station adress is "1".

You then start PLCSIM, and set the MPI adress to "2".
Now you should be able to download from STEP7 to the simulated PLC.
And then you should be able to start Protool RT and it should connect to the simulated PLC.

Hi JesperMP
I have just finshed what you said but i couldn't doing

In the Set PG/PC Interface utility, you have set the S7ONLINE access point to PC Adapter (MPI), CP5611(MPI) or similar, and the station adress is "1".
becuse i couldn found it i tried plc => assign pg/pc but it didn't work becuse i have no PC/PG in my project
should i creat it?.
pls help
and i'm sorry to bother you
regard

Last edited:
Hi again gh_ounie.

In Simatic Manager, open Options .. Set PG/PC Interface.
Access point is already selected to S7ONLINE.
At Interface Parameter Assignment Used, select PC Adapter(MPI). Open the Properties and set Address=1.

hi good after noon.
i m getting the following fault messages on my display screen

connection disconnected: steuerung _1, Station 2, Rack 0, slot
Value could not be written to the PLC, when we try to put some instructions

please help us out
Thanks
Houyhnhnmss