Maximum number of masters controlling a single Link 20E AS-i master

zero2x

Hi guys, I have a cuestion about the Link 20E AS-i master.

I need to know the maximum number of masters controlling a single Link 20E AS-i master. :confused:

I have two S7-300 PLCs in a PROFIBUS network and I want to read/write through the Link20E master from both PLCs, is that possible without read/write problems??

Hi Zero2X, I might stand corrected on this but I don't believe your two masters can talk to the DP Link20E ASi Module. I think the Link will operate as a profibus slave to only one profibus master and cannot be shared.

I used one before and had it linked as a slave to one master only. I also had to share this info with another Master on the network so I feed the Link20E slave data back to the Master and then shared the data to the other master by using a DP\DP DeCoupler. There could be better ways!