Getting into online of master and slaves Simultaneously

engrselva

Hi Step 7 experts!🍻
I have connected a master (314C-2DP) and a Slave (same CPU) with HMI MP277 thro' PROFIBUS. Both Master and slave can communicate each other. But, I can not get into online for both master and slave simultaneously while PG (Laptop) is connected to Master (or slave as well) with MPI. Is it possible to retrieve info of slaves and HMI while PG is hooked up with master MPI? I hope you guys help me with detailed configuration. Thanks(y)

regards
selva

Hi selva.

Are you asking if it is possible to do routing like: PG -- MPI -- 315DP master -- Profibus -- 315DP slave ?
I believe it IS possible. You have to setup your PG in the STEP7 project as either a PC Station or a PG/PC. There is also a setting in the 315 slaves DP port to allow "Test, commisioning, routing".

Thanks Jesper
I can locate the setting in slave as you mentioned but not in my PG. Can you outline the steps to configure the PG for this routing purpose? thanks

Selva:beerchug:

Can't you connect the PG up over Profibus too? I have used a setup like that with a master 314C and several slave 314Cs and can monitor them all with no problem with the PG also on Profibus.

Of course. That is probably the easiest to do. Simply attach the programming cable to the DP port in stead of the MPI port.
Just a question: I guess "test, commisioning, routing" has to be set for this to work ?

No, doing it this way I didn't have to select that option and I don't have to set the PG up in the project in any way, It just connects. I'm not doing anything fancy though, no OPC. Just monitoring the programs in the master and slaves.

Thanks for the feedback tim.

From the online help it says:
"Note: If the "Test, Commissioning, Routing" check box is not selected, [...] Programming and testing are possible, but will occur more slowly (the bus cycle time is not increased)."

Thanks Jesper and Tim
Tim could you provide bit more details on your setup so that PG can get into online info of all salves including master with only profibus without MPI? I tried as Jesper suggested but,could not get it. May be I missed some think.Please help me do this. I have 314C-DP cpus and connected in Master slave confi with PRofibus. Thanks in advance.

Selva

I have a PC with a CP5613A2 profibus card, but you can connect to the Profibus network if you just have the PC adapter (serial or USB). You just have to select the Profibus DP protocol in the Set PG/PC Interface window, and set it to the parameters that your running Profibus network is set to.

The Profibus network is nothing special, a 314C-2DP setup as a master, then six 314C-2DPs setup as intelligent slaves. The network is physically connected with a 6ES79720BB120XA connector attached to the master’s DP port, which is a 90degree connector with a programming port, and standard connectors at all of the other DP ports (no programming port).

I’m thinking maybe you don’t have the programming port on one of the connectors attached to any of the DP ports? The programming port is just like a through connector, you connect it and it still provides a connector to attach another connector. I’d attach a picture but haven’t had much luck with that before.