Programing a SQO

somebody

Hi eveybody, I posted a question yesterday about the SQO programing and it really helped me out a lot. But now I need to know how to do the program with a bit file. Can anyone help me? My drawing ie in the orginal question on hown to program a SQO. Thanks.

Your question does not tell us much. Change what to a bit file? The source? The destination? Both?

Typically in real world applications, the destination would be a bit file and then you would map those bits to hte real outputs. That way, you can add logic to deal with things like machine modes, (AUTO / MANUAL). Or the opportunity to rearrange the order without having to edit the whole source file.

If that is what you need, just change the destination to a B file word. Then use bit instructions to move those bits to the outputs

Example
XIC B3/0 OTE O:0.0
XIC B3/1 OTE O:0.1
XIC B3/2 OTE O:0.2

OkiePC said:
Example
(preceding logic)
Rung 9: SQO Source=N7:0 (OR B whatever)
---Control=R6:0
---Mask=0FFFFh
---Destination=B3:0
---Length=6

Rung 10: XIC B3/0 OTE O:0.0
Rung 11: XIC B3/1 OTE O:0.1
Rung 12: XIC B3/2 OTE O:0.2

Don't have logix at home, so I can't provide a picture, but the mnemonics of the instructions are there for you...rung numbers are just examples...look up XIC and OTE in logix instruction help if you're unfamiliar with those terms.

In the above case, the SQO will push the contents of the source through the mask to the destination, and the last three rungs copy the first three bits of that destination word to the output bits.