PV 300 Devicenet

gas

I bought some stuff from local companys lab to disassemble and sell on ebay. The one stipulation from this company was that all programs be overwritten. I have nothing here running Devicenet and a 2711-k3a10l1 that communicates using devicenet. Is there anyway that I can reset the memory with a power up sequence or should I just throw this thing away?
Thanks

Your PV has a serial port to upload/download a blank program.
You will need the software of course.

PanelView Standard terminals like the PanelView 300 only hold one application in their nonvolatile memory, and there is no way (that I know about) to delete that application and leave none at all. You have to replace the current application with a new one by downloading it via DeviceNet, RS232, or using an ATA Flash memory card.

If the current application does not have a "Go To Configuration Mode" button, you can get to the Configuration mode of the terminal by pressing both the left and right arrow keys simultaneously.

I suggest getting an "ATA Flash" PCMCIA Type II card, or a more-common CompactFlash card in a Type II carrier (which is what I use). Format it in FAT16 mode, and copy an application onto it that has nothing but a big "Go To Configuration Mode" button in the middle.

The memory card menu is pretty straightforward. I don't recall it perfectly, but you should follow a navigation sequence something like Memory Card -> Memory Card Listing -> Load from Card.

Attached to this post are two default application files for the PV300 w/ DNet. Choose the one that matches your terminal firmware (4.00-4.09, or 4.10 and later).

If you do choose to sell this terminal to a Forum member, you'll score points here (useful !). I really like the capabilities of the PV Standard on DNet, but then I'm a DeviceNet partisan.

Thanks Ken

I originally bid on that lot last year because Ron D was looking for cheap stuff. Sadly Rod died before I received to OK to purchase.
I would sell that PV here but I would have to trust the buyer to overwrite the program.