Running 300 volt rated Devicenet cables with 600 Volt power wiring

There is a loophole to B, it should state why but does not, and I did not clarify them. There are other standards applicable to motors etc. i.e. Nema-MG-1, UL 508, NFPA 79, and others.

The standards are technically safety guidelines and fire prevention techniques. What you quoted is misleading too, it states "not intended" because there are overriding standards but does not state not applicable, in other words it is (or should be) a basic guide in any situation.

What I quoted is listed in NFPA 79 and others.

The basic reasoning behind having all wires etc rated at the highest voltage is in case there is a shorted condition etc that could make the wire "burn" if a voltage greater then its rating does get applied; this helps prevent fires and/or other wires getting burnt etc.

Its about dielectric constants etc etc i.e. if you apply a voltage greater than rated voltage breakdown will occur which in turn may generate heat etc etc.

Alas, I am not an engineer so what do I know.

300.2(d) make an exception - "In motors, switchgear and control assemblies, and similar equipment, conductors of different voltage ratings shall be permitted."