Quantums, ProWorx and working in combined

Marshy

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out a few problems we currently having with one of our machines. The machine is the other side of the UK and because I'm needed both sides of the UK I'm trying to sort out these problems remotely. The machine has a Quantum PLC and I'm using the ProWorx programming software.

I haven't done much work with Quantums but have always been told working in combined is the best way to go as it ensures both offline and online projects match.

The problem I'm having is when I go to go offline after working in combined, the software starts checking networks, sometimes even when I haven't done any changes. This takes around 20mins and 100% CPU so for 20mins I'm powerless.

Does anyone know, apart from modifying the ladder, what causes Proworx to want to check the networks?

Cheers

Rich

I'm not positive this will work, but uncheck "Compare to Database on Attach" in your preferences. The preferences are found under "File" on the menu bar.

jtn said:
I'm not positive this will work, but uncheck "Compare to Database on Attach" in your preferences. The preferences are found under "File" on the menu bar.
Thanks for the reply, I checked my preferences and that option was already unchecked. Any other ideas?

Cheers

If your making online edits it will always try and update the offline DB when you want to disconnect. There is a way of stopping it doing this but then you end up with mismatched DB & online files and the next time you want to go online it'll complain at you and want to do an upload.

Unfortunately the old 984 stuff stores so much of the program offline it wants to do this alot.

Is this NxT or 32 ?