Blocks for analog values.

Levanteri

Hello.

I´m in the late stages of my project, and the only thing I need now are the blocks for reading and writing analog values.
I have a CP 343-2P

My goal is to get the recieved analog information introduced to DBs'. Then, comparing the recieved value to the original value using CMP and calling the DB.

For example:
L DB3.DBW 0
L DB5.DBW 0
==I
= Q 1.0

So, how do I get the information from PIW (analog input) introduced to my DB3.DBW0? I'm trying to get numbers between 00-50 to the DB.

Plus, how can I get the value from DB5.DBW0 transformed to analog information for PQW (analog output)?

I appreciate every helping hint.

I don't really understand your question, or, at least, I don't see where the CP343-1 fits in.

To move your analog input data to a DB all you need is:

L PIWxyz
T DB3.DBW0

To move the data from the DB to your analog output, it's simply the reverse:

L DB5.DBW0
T PQWxyz

Somehow I have the feeling that that's not quite what you meant though!

To specify...

Sorry if I wasn't too clear...

I'm using Siemens Step7, and prefer to work with LAD or FBD. So I would like to know which kind of block to add from the library to convert the analog value to 0-50 numeral value for the DB. And vice-versa.

(I tried the L PIWxyz, but S7 didn't accept it.)

Last edited:
Levanteri said:
(I tried the L PIWxyz, but S7 didn't accept it.)

That is the way to do it, but there are also scaling blocks, unfortunately I don't hyave Step 7 at the moment to check the actual blocks.

I would imagine you would want to scale the values into some sort of engineering units, like 0-5v to 0-100 degrees, etc.

Do a search of the forum for Step 7 analogues, you should find plenty of examples.

actually I searched and found this thread, which mentions FC105

Last edited: