Can't ping Siemens S7300 PLC...

mbunds

Well, actually I can, but only from the same subnet. Here's the scenario;

my laptop ip: 192.168.0.2,

CPU317-2 PN/DP ip: 192.168.47.165

Ping times out.

However, if I set my laptop to 192.168.47.102, ping succeeds. I know I can ping other devices on other subnets, but something prevents a successful ICMP to the Siemens PLC.

I have also noticed that Step 7 seems to intercept any manually configured ip address, and display the subnet that the PLC is on.

Any ideas?

It appears to be a problem with pure ignorance on my part. I just set another laptop to a different subnet, and it wouldn't respond either. It's beginning to look like ICMP pings won't get a response unless, as you suggested, some kind of NAT is allowing the subnets to be connected. In this case, the CPU317 and the laptop are connected to the same physical hub, with no gateway defined. If I run Step 7, the laptop connects fine, no matter what its base ip is set to.

Thanks

M Bunds