Ethernet SLC5/05 Question

vettedrivr

I'm having trouble getting on line with my SLC 5/05 using ethernet. I'm connected to the SLC ethernet port with a cross over cable to my laptop. The SLC 5/05 I.P. address is 10.3.13.222 and the subnet mask is 255.255.240.0. My laptop I.P. address is set at 10.3.13.200 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. The driver congured is the AB_ETH-1. I'm using RSLogix 500 ver 7.10.00 (CPR7) and RSLinx Lite ver 2.50.00.20. I can see the processor in RSLinx. When I try and go on line I get "No response from processor at selected path/node Diagnostics status failed Ox4" When i go to windows start/run/CMD I can ping the processor and it answers back. Can anybody see anything i've done wrong?

Are you just selecting go online.

Try using Who's Active Go Online maybe the last time the program was saved the driver configuration may have been different. If this is new processor you may want to upgrade your Linx's

I was using the "go on line" drop down in RSLogix 500 with no luck. When I use the comms menu and select who active, go on line, then I was able to get on line with the processor. Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know why just going to the "Go On Line" drop down doesn't work??

Psymon nailed it ...

think of "Go Online" as something like a "last number redial" on your telephone ... it uses the setting shown below from the last time a connection was made:

go_online.JPG

if that's correct, then fine ... but if it's not, you can be trying to go online with the wrong processor ...