Logix5000 Subroutine Question

Lakee911

Hey all Jim,

I have a question regarding subroutines in Logix5000. I've attached a bit of code (3 rungs) from one of my programs. When I call this subroutine with JSR, will my Return Par remain sealed in? I'm thinking that it would. I am calling this subroutine about 9 times in a row with different input parameters and different return parameters.

Thanks,
Jason

Lakee911 said:
Hey all Jim,

I have a question regarding subroutines in Logix5000. I've attached a bit of code (3 rungs) from one of my programs. When I call this subroutine with JSR, will my Return Par remain sealed in? I'm thinking that it would. I am calling this subroutine about 9 times in a row with different input parameters and different return parameters.

Thanks,
Jason

If you have V16 of Clgx you may wish to use the Add On Instruction (AOI). Makes troubleshooting multiple calls to a common SBR easier.

Yes, the 'Deviation' variable would remain in the state it was in as a result of the last subroutine call. However, in a multiple instance subroutine case you would typically not use the value of 'Deviation' directly. You would use whatever variable is in the 'RET' field of the calling JSR.

Keith