PLC Help

sharks

I am using a simple program like this

%I0.0 %Q0.0
|--||------------------------------()--|

I am using an RS232 cable for the connection with the plc just for checking the connection whether it works or not. I connect it with the PLC and it shows me the PLC inputs, outputs and run error and state LED's on screen of the computer. The Run is blinking when I press run it doesn't show me the output or input status. Means the LED's are not ON even on the monitor of the PC nor on the PLC. I made the connections like this.
+24V connect to the DC IN COM. using a switch connecting it's one side with the DC IN COM and the other side with the input terminal 0, and for the output I am using a multimeter to check the status of the output. But there is no response.
The PLC that I am using is a TWIDO TWDLCAA24DRF, and the software I am using is twidosoft. Please help me in solving the problem.

There are two things that can cause the problems here. One is if in your settings you have the wrong PLC configured. The other is once you have loaded the program in at least upto V3.0 you had to go and manually change the plc back into run mode. just some things to look into.

sharks said:
I am using a simple program like this

%I0.0 %Q0.0
|--||------------------------------()--|

I am using an RS232 cable for the connection with the plc just for checking the connection whether it works or not. I connect it with the PLC and it shows me the PLC inputs, outputs and run error and state LED's on screen of the computer. The Run is blinking when I press run it doesn't show me the output or input status. Means the LED's are not ON even on the monitor of the PC nor on the PLC. I made the connections like this.
+24V connect to the DC IN COM. using a switch connecting it's one side with the DC IN COM and the other side with the input terminal 0, and for the output I am using a multimeter to check the status of the output. But there is no response.
The PLC that I am using is a TWIDO TWDLCAA24DRF, and the software I am using is twidosoft. Please help me in solving the problem.

Another option would be to upgrade to Twidosuite, which is available as a free download from telemecanique.com.

In configuration set functionality is automatic and this will make sure your PLC has the correct firmware..

Last edited: