Way off topic

djbillyd007

Before everyone hollers. I am working on a model railroad. I am of course controlling it with a PLC. A DL305 10 slot base tied to a 5 slot base. I was just given a DP-C320 text screen. I would love to use it but over $200.00 for software is a bit much for this project. I know I can buy a c-more micro for less and download the software. If anyone has this software to sell or a hack I would love it. I don't intend to use this for a company project. Just playing at home. I know this is out there but a touch screen rr would be cool. Ideas???? My budget on this is very small. So far I am using switches to tell everything what to do. I custom built a 3' by 2' cabinet to put this in. This has actually turned out to be a complex project as I am making 3 trains do different things at different times. With 22 track switches. Just can't get enough at work LOL. I would really like to get a cheap touch screen solution for this but am happy with what i have. I have schematics and pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I'd like to see pics. I have a DL405 rack w/ IO slotted for model railroad use. All my trains are currently packed away (HO scale, Seaboard Airline theme).

I am slightly confused, in one of you post you said it was a Text Panel and then in another you said it was a Touch Screen......I think I know which unit you are speaking of and if it is I have software for it. Post a pic of the panel please.

Sorry, What I have is PLC Direct DP-320 Touch Panel. (Not sure why I wrote text screen) Not sure what you mean by AVG unit. It says I need ScreenCreator software in the manual.

Screen Creator Software

I would definately like to see those pics. I have the screen creator software as well if you still need it! You can still get the manual on how to use it online from Automation Direct as well as updates as long as you have the software to begin with.