Wednesday Question OT: Where does your favourite ?

Your Favourite Wine By Region/s

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Wine come from.......

If you do not drink wine then please leave and try and sort your life out :)

I only drink red so am probably biased :)

edit: Havent seen a poll form Casey for a while so i thought i would jump in and start an OT on...

Last edited:
Back in 1969, Whidbey Island, WA (USN VA-128) we drank Ripple at $.39 per litre. It included a $2.00 head-ache per bottle.

The country list is a bit strange. I am surprised to see Canada, Japan and New Zealand (do grapes even grow there?) and confounded at absense of Georgia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. Georgian wines are very special thing (some pople are very fond of them while others can't stand them) and the other three countries produce a few good ones. Talking about Ukraine, the region of Crimea actually has been known for some top-notch brands.

And what about Greece, for God's sake? how could one miss that?

LadderLogic said:
The country list is a bit strange. I am surprised to see Canada, Japan and New Zealand (do grapes even grow there?)
British Columbia makes some very fine wine. Merlot and Cav Sav, and my fav Shiras. In world competitions it has ranked equal to France, Italy, and Chile. South Africa KVM and Concho Tora, Chile are very nice. :)

LadderLogic said:
The country list is a bit strange. I am surprised to see Canada, Japan and New Zealand (do grapes even grow there?) and confounded at absense of Georgia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. Georgian wines are very special thing (some pople are very fond of them while others can't stand them) and the other three countries produce a few good ones. Talking about Ukraine, the region of Crimea actually has been known for some top-notch brands.

Picked the list from here, I could only pick 15 for the poll :(