Siemens S5 Communication to AB Panelview

glpdrumerx

We have a machine that is running off of Siemens S5 software. we were using a regular desktop pc as a HMI. that communications card went bad and is opsolete, we have plenty of AB panelviews, will the interface together or am I just out of luck.

Hello glpdrumerx;

You should be able to establish an OPC link to the S5 CPU through RSLinx, either to a Panelview or to a PV+. PSLinx can be both an OPC server or client.

One place you might look at is Kepware (many other providers available, though):

http://www.kepware.com/Spec_Sheets/Siemens_S5.html

You'll have to work out the details through the Rockwell documentation, but it should not be too (boy, is that ever an understatement!) difficult.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier