User Defined Tag in RS5000 program

tcat_chucky

Good Afternoon all,

What started out as a "small" change has ballooned into something more than I bargained for.

The program I am working on has a "User defined tag" that stores variables for my machine including accels, velocities, distance etc. for 14 different products.

For each code there are 13 different REAL/Float arrays. One of the REAL arrays I wish to increase from Dim 0 of four to a Dim 0 of six. This array currently stores four different distances for my axis to travel to. I wish to add two more distances for another condition that has presented itself.

When I made the change and executed some code that would use the new elements of the array I came upon the attached fault on the processor.

The software didn't bark at me when it compiled. Is there a check sum that I am stepping on here? Any ideas? I'm obviously new to the "user diffined tag" side of life.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I will work to get the error code attached. Didn't seem to go through for me.

Still can't attach my jpeg. but the text is as follows:

Code 20 Array subscript too large or CONTROL data type POS or LEN invalid.

????

Last edited:
Sounds like a programming issue. For example, you could have a tag with 4 elements, but are trying to access an element higher than the fourth element. Remember the indexing starts at 0, so a tag that's listed as a DINT[4] will be used as YourTag[0], YourTag[1], YourTag[2], and YourTag[3]. If you try to access YourTag[4] or YourTag[any number greater than 3] you will get the error and processor fault.

Post your code if possible.

Regards,

Justin

edit: added more information

Last edited: